Even though you’re addicted to it, you probably never knew these things about your favorite drink.
1. The logo has changed 11 times in the last 122 years.
2. Pepsi sold more for less.
When competitors started selling 6 ounce bottles for a nickel, Pepsi sold 12 ounce bottles for the same price and profits doubled.
3. Pepsi was the first American product to be manufactured and sold in the Soviet Union.
4. Pepsi was the first soda company to distribute their product in 2 liter bottles.
The 2 liter bottles started to appear on shelves in 1976.
5. It used to have a different name.
Caleb Davis Bradham was the creator of Pepsi. When he first started serving it at the soda fountain in his store, he called it “Brad’s Drink.” He later changed the name to Pepsi, because he felt that it help to alleviate dyspepsia, also known as indigestion.