It is commonly assumed that it takes 10,000 tries to become a master at something. If that’s true, then anyone who’s made it past 90-years-old must be true masters at life. They’ve experienced all of the tears, fear, extreme happiness, and utter sadness that comes with each phase of life, and they have many stories to tell. So, when a 90-year-old sits down to give us life lessons, I suggest we all grab our journals and take note.
Regina Brett wrote down these lessons the day before her 45th birthday. She was recently diagnosed with breast cancer and reflecting on life and the importance of living each moment to the fullest. When her article went viral, and the internet began claiming that she was 90-years-old, this spunky lady could do nothing but laugh, and feel blessed knowing how her words touched so many peoples lives for the better.
Regardless of if your 9-years-old or 90, these words ring true.
Life Lessons That Will Completely Change Your Perspective on Life
1. Although life is not tied with a bow, it is a gift.
2. You should yield.
3. You must dress up as well as show up, regardless of how you feel.
4. Something better will happen in the future.
5. You should accept what you already have because envy is, without a doubt, a waste of time.
6. Growing old is not easy, but it beats the alternative — dying young.
7. In case you threw your problems in a pile as well as saw the problems of others, you would grab yours back.
8. You should get outside on a daily basis.
9. Your kids get just one childhood.
10. It is important to understand that time can heal literally everything.
11. You should not audit life.
12. You shouldn’t take yourself very seriously.
13. No matter how bad or good every situation is, it’ll change.
14. You shouldn’t pay attention to what others think of you.
15. In the end, all that genuinely matters is that you truly loved
16. Although you should forgive, you shouldn’t forget.
17. You should take the next step when in doubt.
18. You should choose Life, regardless of what’s happening.
19. Frame each disaster with the following sentence ‘In 5 years, will it matter?’
20. Taking a deep breath helps calm your mind.
21. You are in charge of your own happiness.
22. The most significant sex organ is your brain.
23. You should be eccentric today.
24. Wear the fancy lingerie, burn the candles, and use the beautiful sheets. Do not save anything for a special occasion because each day is actually special.
25. Focus on what’s important to you.
26. Keep in mind that it is not too late to be happy.
27. What does not kill you makes you stronger.
28. Get rid of what is useless.
29. Do not buy unnecessary stuff.
30. You should always believe in miracles.
31. Everything could change in the blink of an eye. However, God doesn’t blink.
32. You should never get into a secret relationship.
33. Crying with someone else is more beneficial than crying alone.
34. Never compare yourself to others.
35. You do not have to always hide your tears to prevent your kids from getting upset.
36. Do not allow your past to screw up your present.
37. Resistance is actually futile when it comes to chocolate.
38. Save for what really matters.
39. Enjoy life since it’s too short.
40. It is okay to get angry with God. God could take it.
41. You should stay true to yourself instead of trying to win each argument.
42. Your family and friends will take care of you whenever you’re sick, not your job.
43. Even though life is not fair, it is still good.
One of the most important things to remember is that it is never too late to start practicing these lessons. We don’t have to wait until we’re 90-years-old in order to appreciate the life that we have. We can wake up each day and find comfort and inspiration in the world around us.
Every phase of life is a blessing, and it’s important that we honor the place that we’re at right now. Whether you’re young, or old, or somewhere in between, allow these lessons to have a big impact on your life.
Remember, even a child can give us lessons that can change our lives.
Despite the difference in age, this 7-year-olds advice is surprisingly similar to that of Regina Brett. He says:
- Act normal, don’t be silly.
- Don’t bully people.
- If someone’s hurt, hug them.
If we all work to master these lessons within our lives the world would be a happier place.